Viking 3 Toggle Jorvik Shoes
The Viking 3 Toggle Jorvik Shoes are a taller version of to the Jorvik /Jorvic shoe or "York shoe". Found on both the British Isles and the European Continent dating from the 9th and 10th centuries. The Viking 3 Toggle Jorvik Shoes are versatile Norse, Anglo Saxon, Viking age period footwear that can take the challenges of re-enactment and historical combat activities, SCA, LARP, and Cosplay.
- Combat Approved!
- Crepe Neoprene sole for added Traction and Comfort.
- Reinforced Heel.
- Available in BROWN only (shades may vary)
- Visible machine stitching replicate Oseberg Shoe
- 3 Carved bone or cow horn toggles per shoe
- Crepe Neoprene, low profile (not easy to spot) sole for Traction!
- Comes in a range of sizes from lady’s 4 – men’s 15
- Full Sizes only, Women should round down, Men round up for 1/2 size.
- McKay stitched sole to replicate Coppergate Shoe seam.
- NEW Comes with Crepe Neoprene sole for added Traction! No extra charge!
- Waterproof with Sno-Seal
- Leather Care with Mink Oil
- Insole Inserts to provide the most comfortable experience.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return Viking 3 Toggle Jorvik Shoes for absolutely any reason within 30 days of receipt for your choice of an exchange for different size or style, store credit or refund. See my Returns and Exchanges Policy.
Historical Accuracy: Viking 3 Toggle Jorvik Shoes or "York shoe" are also from Stepping through Time: Archaeological Footwear from Prehistoric Times until 1800 and is similar to the Dorestad and Woodbridge shoe and is classified as an Overlap Closure (type 20) turn shoe with toggle. Found in York, England, the original settlement was Viking and named Jorvik.
Construction: Although the original is a turn shoe, this version of the Viking 3 Toggle Jorvik Shoes is McKay stitched leather sole and is identical in outward appearance to the tunnel stitch turn shoe. Featuring bone or horn toggles, the pattern of the shoe is almost exact, with a few minor changes for modern comfort. Each of these shoes is made of 3 to 4 oz top grain alum tanned cowhide leather. One visible machine stitched seam and the toggles are sewn in and are easily moved to adjust fit.