Medieval Boots are a mid-calf boot for nobleman, medieval soldier or archers to use in historical reenactments, Renaissance Fairs, SCA, LARP, and cosplay. A classic 14th Century boot for use in the 100 Years’ War, or War of the Roses. The Medieval Boots are a representative of many similar types of boots dating from 1150 to 1500.
- Available in BROWN only (shades may vary).
- Visible machine stitching.
- Leather pull through toggles.
- Made of 3 to 4 oz alum tanned cowhide leather with vegetable tanned leather sole.
- Leather 3/8 heel with nails.
- Comes in a range of sizes from lady’s 4 – men’s 15.
- Full Sizes only, Women should round down, Men round up for 1/2 size.
- 12 inches tall from the floor.
Add Ons: Shoe is slippery on slick surfaces.
- Add an Anti-Slip sole to your Medieval Boots $25
- Add a Crepe sole to your Medieval Boots $25
- Waterproof with Sno-Seal
- Leather Care with Mink Oil
- Sof Sole Athletic Insole Inserts to provide the most comfortable experience.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return the Medieval Boots for absolutely any reason within 30 days of receipt for your choice of an exchange for different size or style, store credit or refund. See my Returns and Exchanges Policy.
Care Instructions: Click Here to view care instructions for the Medieval Boots.
Historical Accuracy: The Medieval Boots are derived from the Stepping through Time: Archaeological Footwear from Prehistoric Times until 1800 and is classified as a front laced (Type 60) and an instep toggle fastening (Type 35). Found in Dordrecht, Maastricht, and Vlaardingen, Konstanz, and most of Europe, The medieval boot is up as a Type 35 toggled boot and easily changed to a Type 60 laced boot. It is very similar to the Konstanz buckle boot (Type 85).
Construction: My Medieval Boots uses a McKay stitched sole which is identical in outward appearance to the period tunnel stitch. The pattern of the shoe is almost exact, with a few minor changes for modern comfort. Made from 3 to 4 oz alum tanned cowhide leather, oak tanned leather sole with a nailed heel, all sewing is machine over-stitched and visible. The boot is 10 inches tall from the top of the foot.