Hedeby Viking Shoe
The Hedeby Viking Shoes cover a large number of years in the use of any shoe from the Dark Ages to the Middle Ages. The Viking Hedeby shoe is for men and women and the perfect Medieval Viking, and Middle Ages or any reenactment, SCA, LARP or cosplay.
- Combat Approved!
- Available in BROWN only (shades may vary)
- Visible machine stitching.
- Leather Laces
- Decorative edge stitching
- Made of 3 to 4 oz top grain alum tanned cowhide leather with vegetable tanned leather soles
- McKay stitched sole to replicate Coppergate Shoe seam
- Comes in a range of sizes from lady’s 4 – men’s 15
- Full Sizes only, Women should round down, Men round up for 1/2 size.
Add Ons: Shoe is slippery on slick surfaces.
- NEW Comes with Crepe Neoprean sole for Traction with no extra charge!
- Waterproof with Sno-Seal
- Leather Care with Mink Oil
- Sof Sole Athletic Insole Inserts to provide the most comfortable experience.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return the Hedeby Viking Shoes for absolutely any reason within 30 days of receipt for your choice of an exchange for different size or style, store credit or refund. See my Returns and Exchanges policy.
Care Instructions: Click Here to view care instructions for the Hedeby Viking Shoe
Historical Accuracy: Named for the Viking city of Hedeby located in northern Germany (once Denmark) where it was found. The Hedeby Viking shoe date from 8th through 14th centuries and is representative of many similar types of shoes dating from 900 to 1360. The later the period, the lower the social class of the wearer. The Hedeby Viking shoe is derived from the "Stepping through Time, Archaeological Footwear from Prehistoric Times until 1800" and is classified as a Thong Fastening (type 10).
Construction: The Hedeby Viking Shoe uses a McKay stitched leather sole and is identical in outward appearance to the tunnel stitch turn shoe from Coppergate. Featuring a linen thread decorative edge binding stitch, the pattern of the shoe is exact. Each of these shoes is made of 3 to 4 oz top grain alum tanned cowhide leather. One visible seam is machine over stitched.