Baltic III Viking Boots
Big Savings for Black! Black Baltic Viking Boots are being discontinued and now only $95. Select your size and select Brown and see the savings.
The Baltic III Viking Boots are based on footwear found at Groningen and a fair representation of Rus Viking, Saxon, and Viking age boots from the 9th and 10th Century. Customers like them for SCA combat, archery, foul weather event camping, Viking age and Rus Viking reenactment, LARP, and Cosplay.
- Combat Approved.
- Reinforced Heel.
- Available in BLACK and BROWN (shades may vary).
- Visible stitches are sewn by hand.
- Upper is top 5 oz grain leather.
- Mid-Soles are oak tanned leather.
- Comes in a range of sizes from lady’s 4 – men’s 15.
- Full Sizes only, Women should round down, Men round up for 1/2 size.
- Leather decorative toggles.
- Decorative edge stitching.
- Thick crepe neoprene soles for traction.
- Add 3/8" Heel for Crepe-Soled Baltic Boots - $15.00
- Add Lugged Work Boot Sole for Baltic Boots - $35.00
- Waterproof with Sno-Seal
- Leather Care with Mink Oil
- I highly recommend Insole Inserts to provide the most comfortable experience.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return your Baltic III Viking Boots for absolutely any reason within 30 days of receipt for your choice of an exchange for different size or style, store credit or refund. See my Returns and Exchanges Policy.
Historical Accuracy: Baltic III Viking Boots are a revision pattern (this boot did not exist as shown) but is very similar to boots that did. Based on the Groningen find documented in Stepping through Time: Archaeological Footwear from Prehistoric Times until 1800 and is similar to the "York Shoe", Dorestad, and Woodbridge shoe and is classified as an Overlap Closure (type 20) shoe. Found in Groningen and Haithabu, Netherlands, Denmark, and northern Germany, the settlements were Viking or heavily settled by Vikings. The finds date from the 9th and 10th centuries.
Construction: Baltic III Viking Boots are welted and set up for modern comfort with modern soles for modern feet. This boot is designed for martial combat. The Baltic Boot is made of 3 to 4 oz top grain cowhide leather, leather mid-soles, and crepe neoprene soles that provide traction. All sewing is hand stitched, and the legs of the boot are held by toggles looped through slits in the side of the shoe to keep the boot closed. This boot is 12 inches tall from the floor. The top edge is hand whip stitched with linen thread.