Roman Carbatinae Welzheim Shoes for Men and Women
Roman Carbatinae Welzheim Shoes for Men and Women are closed toe sandal dates from the 4th and 5th century distributed across the entire Roman Empire, ranging the entire continent as far north as Vindolanda in Britain as well as the Northern Provinces. A historically accurate version of a Bog shoe for use in Roman, medieval Viking, SCA, LARP, or cosplay.
- Available in BROWN only (shades may vary).
- Visible stitching is historically accurate.
- 1 leather integral lace per shoe.
- Upper made of alum tanned leather.
- Sole is a vegetable tanned leather.
- Comes in a range of sizes from lady’s 4 – men’s 15.
- Full Sizes only, Women should round down, Men round up for 1/2 size.
- McKay stitched sole to replicate historical seam. (No Nails)
- Historical Hobnails can be added safely.
Add Ons: Shoe is slippery on slick surfaces.
- Add an Anti-Slip Sole to your Roman Carbatinae Welzheim Shoes $25
- Add a Crepe Sole to your Roman Carbatinae Welzheim Shoes $25
- Waterproof with Sno-Seal.
- Leather Care with Mink Oil
Returns and Exchanges: You may return your Roman Carbatinae Welzheim Shoes for absolutely any reason within 30 days of receipt for your choice of an exchange for different size or style, store credit or refund. See my Returns and Exchanges Policy.
Construction: The original Roman Carbatinae Welzheim Shoes is a stitched and/or nailed shoe. This version has a McKay stitched leather sole and is identical in outward appearance to the tunnel-stitch shoe. The front seam is a period edge-to-edge saddle stitch with the threads out. The Roman Carbatinae Shoe is made of 4 to 5 oz top grain cowhide leather and comes standard with leather soles. It features a Roman edge-to-edge, sewn-grain-side-out seam up the front or vamp of the shoe and has an integral classic thong-laced fasting. The upper and thong are cut in one piece. Known examples and representations lead me to believe the shoe was worn by both men and women. Due to the representations and low cut, this shoe would be worn with stockings, but it will work with bare feet as well.