Jorvik Viking Shoes
Jorvik Viking Shoes are a popular and versatile leather Anglo Saxon & Viking period footwear that can take the challenges of historical combat activities of medieval Viking, SCA, LARP, Renaissance Fairs, and Cosplay events. Found in York, England, the original settlement was Viking and named Jorvik, the extant examples are found on the British Isles and the European Continent from the 9th and 10th centuries.
- Combat Approved!
- Reinforced Heel.
- Available in BROWN only (shades may vary)
- Visible machine stitching
- 2 Carved bone or cow horn toggles per shoe
- Made of real leather with vegetable tanned leather sole
- Comes in a range of sizes from lady’s 4 – men’s 15
- Full Sizes only, Women should round down, Men round up for 1/2 size.
- McKay stitched sole to replicate Coppergate Shoe seam.
Add Ons: Shoe is slippery on slick surfaces.
- Add an Anti-Slip Sole to your Viking 3 Toggle Jorvik Shoe. $25
- Add a Crepe Sole to your Viking 3 Toggle Jorvik Shoe. $25
- Waterproof with Sno-Seal
- Leather Care with Mink Oil
- Sof Sole Athletic Insole Inserts to provide the most comfortable experience.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return Jorvik Viking Shoes for absolutely any reason within 30 days of receipt for your choice of an exchange for different size or style, store credit or refund. See my Returns and Exchanges Policy.
Historical Accuracy: Jorvik shoe or "York shoe" is also from Stepping through Time: Archaeological Footwear from Prehistoric Times until 1800 and is similar to the Dorestad and Woodbridge shoe and is classified as an Overlap Closure (type 20) turn shoe with toggle.
Construction: Although the original is a turn shoe, this version of the Jorvik Viking Shoes has a McKay stitched leather sole and is identical in outward appearance to the tunnel stitch turn shoe. Featuring bone or horn toggles, the pattern of the shoe is almost exact, with a few minor changes for modern comfort. Each of these shoes is made of 3 to 4 oz top grain alum tanned cowhide leather. One seam is over stitched, and the toggles are sewn in and are easily moved to adjust fit.