Roman Cavalry Caligae Boots
Roman Cavalry Caligae Boots are from the European Continent at Mainz and in Africa at Qasr Ibrim, Egypt and distributed across the entire Roman empire. Dating from the second half of the 1st Century BCE to 120 AD and was worn mostly by the Roman Equites equestrian class. Historical combat approved and an excellent choice for Roman, Leves, Roman Reenactment, SCA, and LARP.
- Combat approved.
- Available in BROWN only (shades may vary).
- Visible machine stitching.
- Modern lace.
- Made of thick 5 to 6 oz. real vegetable tanned leather.
- Vegetable tanned leather sole.
- Comes in a range of sizes from Men's 8 – men’s 15.
- Full Sizes only, Men round up for 1/2 size, Women round down.
- McKay stitched sole to replicate historical seam. (No Nails)
- Historical Hobnails can be added safely.
Add Ons: Shoe is slippery on slick surfaces.
- Add an Anti-Slip Sole to your Roman Cavalry Caligae $25
- Add a Crepe Sole to your Roman Cavalry Caligae $25
- Waterproof with Sno-Seal
- Leather Care with Mink Oil
- Sof Sole Athletic Insole Inserts to provide the most comfortable experience.
Returns and Exchanges: You may return your Roman Cavalry Caligae Boots for absolutely any reason within 30 days of receipt for your choice of an exchange for different size or style, store credit or refund. See my Returns and Exchanges Policy.
Historical Accuracy: Remnants of the Roman Roman Cavalry Caligae Boots are shown in Stepping Through Time by Olaf Goubitz, page 364 (fig 42 and 49) classified as Mainz tyle Caliga with examples from Velsen, Valkenburg,